greyed to fold

when forever means "almost but not quite"

Friday, August 27, 2004

from chainsaws to chins that could kill

Ash didn't become my hero again until Sam Raimi hit it big with Spider-Man.

I've always heard about the Evil Dead Series and mixed it up with Army of Darkness. Not knowing Army of Darkness was actually Evil Dead 3.

I was able to watch Army of Darkness on LaserDisc a long time ago and the story just stuck in my head. It was so funny and scary at the tender age of 11. Bruce Campbell was one helluva guy. It was just at that time at a young age with no extra resources to reinforce one's love for story and fantasy, you tend to forget them. Not knowing there's still residue of it lingering in your mind, something i learned after re-acquianting myself with a new VCD copy. Alas, it's the nuclear war aftermath ending, the same version i watched years ago. Must get my hands on the alternate ending.


click here for interview.

Must remind my bro to read that article. You don't have to finish a degree in film to become a good director. In Bruce Campbell's case, to be one uber-cool cult favorite B-movie actor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home