greyed to fold

when forever means "almost but not quite"

Monday, December 12, 2005

Teenage Drama Hangup

Got a copy of the boxed set of The OC for 1st and 2nd season.

I don't really watch TV anymore, unlike before. So even clamoring, getting out of my way to get this boxed set (except for Smallville) becomes an anomaly. But I'm inducing that a set of events led me to this.

Listed are details that I'm recalling right now..

- Viewing a friendster profile of a friend which included The OC as a favorite show.

- Recently learned that Death Cab For Cutie, a band I was listening to, was featured in this show and a reason why the band is well-known right now (besides the fact that they are good).

- The lead actress Mischa Barton had an accidental nipple slip in a season 3 episode. Season 3 is not raking in the ratings, unlike the previous seasons, by the way.

- Of course the TV promos in the local channels which I am able to catch when channel surfing.

I've seen Season 1 Episodes 1-3 so far. I can't say it's a promising plot, it's really more of mirroring the teenagers of today. More like it's the same old teen dramas, only UPDATED. But the music references are in depth, featuring up-and-coming bands, making the music elitists cringe for sure.

But of course, I'm not really the market for this TV show. I just find it amusing to watch. Because it reminds me of teenage hangups that I let myself haunt me from time to time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home